Steps To Take To Be Baptized At Life Church:
1. E-mail email@example.com or call the Life Church office at 342-8620 and let them know you want to be baptized.
2. Watch the video above and seek to understand why a person should be baptized.
3. If you are wanting to have one of your children be baptized, use the video above to start a conversation with your child(ren) about baptism. (If a child is not old enough to understand this video they are probably too young to be baptized)
4. Be on time to your baptism interview. (Will be scheduled upon scheduling baptism)
5. Be ready to be interviewed and explain why you are being baptized. (The baptism interview is an opportunity for the staff and volunteer leaders of Life Church to talk with you or your child about baptism and help you determine if you and/or your child is ready to be baptized.)
6. Go through the information below.
Items To Bring For Your Baptism:
1. A change of clothes.
2. A towel.
3. Water shoes if you want. (but not necessary)
4. A plastic bag for wet clothes.
What Can I Expect At My Baptism?
At Life Church, we baptize by full immersion (dunking under the water) because we believe that Jesus and the early church modeled this practice.
Can my family be baptized together?
Yes. If each family member understands the meaning of baptism, and each one has personally placed his/her trust in Christ for salvation, we encourage families to be baptized at the same time.
Who should be at my baptism?
Any family or friends that you want them to know that you are following Christ.
What should I wear when I am baptized?
Please dress modestly. A dark t-shirt is typically the best. Girls should wear dark shorts and a dark t-shirt. Guys should wear dark shorts and a dark t-shirt as well. Bring a change of clothes, appropriate shoes, a towel, and a plastic bag for wet clothes.
Will I have to say anything?
Yes - maybe just to answer Pastor's questions. Pastor will introduce you and ask, "Why are you being baptized?" Answer this question honestly and briefly. The second question asked is, "Do you confess Jesus Christ as your Lord?" You will answer. Then the person baptizing you will say...."upon your confession of faith, I now baptize you in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit." Pastor will then dip you under the water, raise you back up, and celebrate with you!